Classroom Teaming Training: Great Work Montessori School
All adults in the Montessori classroom play a critical role in preparing the environment, inviting and supporting child engagement, and fostering a positive classroom culture. To do this, adults must work together. This course is designed to help lead guides and classroom assistants in primary and elementary classrooms develop the foundation for a successful partnership.
This course consists of 12 modules, designed for guides and assistants to work through together during weekly classroom team meetings:
- Module 1: Transformation of the Adult
- Module 2: Classroom Teaming, Communication and Practicalities: Part 1
- Module 3: Classroom Teaming, Communication and Practicalities: Part 2
- Module 4: Classroom Teaming, Communication and Practicalities: Part 3
- Module 5: Reflection
- Module 6: Classroom of Stewardship
- Module 7: Systems (Child, Adult, Environment)
- Module 8: Instruction/Responsibilities
- Module 9: Observation
- Module 10: Responsiveness
- Module 11: How to Talk to Children
- Module 12: Professional Development
Each module includes less than one hour of pre-work. Assistants should complete the NCMPS Montessori Assistants Training before embarking on this journey with their guide.