Child Study Training Intensive: Denali Montessori School
Child Study is a Montessori-based approach to MTSS (Multi-Tiered System of Supports) and RTI (Response to Intervention). This online intensive training prepares educators to implement the Child Study Protocol in their school.
Course topics include:
- Fully-implemented Montessori practice
- Family communication & partnerships
- Guidelines to writing student goals
- Examples and case studies for student accommodations and interventions for academic and socioemotional needs
- Data-driven planning and interventions
- Strategies for student emotional support
- Trauma-informed in-class practices
About the instructor:
María Carvajal has 20 years of experience in teaching, educational research, consulting, mentorship, and program management in El Salvador, Mexico, Spain, and the U.S. She is an AMI elementary guide with primary teaching experience, and holds a B.A. and M.A. in Humanities from the University of Navarra and a M.Ed. in Montessori Elementary Education from Loyola University Maryland. María’s professional interests include trauma-informed care, English learner education, and early intervention.